Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
Touchpoints Signature Post-Acute Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Sleep Medicine Program
Consultation by Board Certified Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Specialist and a Respiratory Therapist
Cardiac Recovery and Rehabilitation Services
Post-surgical Orthopedic Care and "Prehab" Program
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Services
Skilled Nursing and Sub-Acute Specialty Programs
Behavioral Health Care in a Secured Unit
Person-centered and goal-directed approaches towards behavioral and medical wellness
Dietary and Dining Services
Social Services, Supports and Discharge Planning
Therapeutic Recreation Programs
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Through Touchpoints Rehab’s comprehensive heart failure rehabilitation program, our patients receive personalized care from our multidisciplinary team, with attention to maximizing the effectiveness of medication therapy, enhancing knowledge of chronic disease and increasing exercise tolerance. Care is holistic, personalized and specialized to the unique needs of each of our patients as they move through the continuum of care. Check out the video at the bottom of this page.
Individuals entering rehabilitation are always unique, but their primary objective is typically the same – a return to health, home and what’s important in life, as soon as possible. At Touchpoints Rehab we understand. Our innovative, personalized program is designed to accelerate the recovery process, so that patients can Get Well, Live Well and Be Well, faster, better and with fewer challenges than any traditional rehabilitation program.
Touchpoints Rehab, in collaboration with the Congestive Heart Failure Service of the Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center offers both inpatient and outpatient programs. These programs are designed to optimize therapy, promote recovery, and provide ongoing quality of life for patients experiencing congestive heart failure.
Why we are ‘The Place to Trust’ with Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
- Our transitional care nursing team follows the patient every step of the way from acute care admission through skilled nursing care and to home.
- Our transitional care respiratory therapist works closely with the multi-disciplinary team and stays in contact with the consulting pulmonologists.
- A cardiology APRN follows every CHF patient and consults extensively on care.
- We do what others can’t including advanced therapies such as IV Milrinone, Lasix and Bumex, Trilogy non-invasive ventilators, IV antibiotics, Life Vests, CardioMEMS and in-house sleep studies.
- The Touchpoints Rehab team includes a dedicated Director of Transitional Care who provides additional, continuous clinical over- sight and support.
- The hospital and Touchpoints Rehab teams remain in continuous communication, working together to ensure a smooth transition. In addition, the hospital team remains informed on the progress of patients’ post-acute stays on a daily basis and continuing through discharge home.
- Once discharged, patients are reconnected with their primary care provider through the Heart Failure Clinic.
Our heart failure program is customized to the patient’s needs and include:
- Dedicated Cardiac Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) performs regular clinical rounds and supports the success of the program
- Oversight by Saint Francis Hospital clinicians including a consulting cardiologist on staff for patients of the Saint Francis Hospital CHF clinic
- Ongoing cardiac evaluations
- Cardiac education for you and your family
- Supportive Pulmonary program including a Care Transitions Respiratory Therapist on staff and consultation by board certified pulmonologists. Pulmonary capabilities include Trilogy non-invasive ventilators, CPAP, suctioning, incentive spirometry, in-house sleep studies and more.
- Heart healthy, low sodium menu and diets
- Frequent weight monitoring
- Weekly lab value monitoring
- Tailored physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Customized care planning
- Home support and discharge planning
- IV Lasix, Bumex and Milrinone therapies
Part of the St. Francis Hospital - Trinity Health of New England STAR Network
To serve our patients better and help them stay well, we are pleased to have been included in the Saint Francis Hospital Post Acute Care Network, known as the STAR Network, offering our patients a specialized post-acute heart failure program in a private, dedicated setting.