Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
A Touchpoints Rehab Signature Program
Through Touchpoints Rehab’s comprehensive heart failure rehabilitation program, patients receive personalized care from a multidisciplinary team, with attention paid to maximizing the effectiveness of medication therapy, enhancing knowledge of chronic disease and increasing exercise tolerance. Care is holistic, personalized and specialized to the unique needs of each of our patients as they move through the continuum of care. Check out the video at the bottom of this page.
Individuals entering rehabilitation are always unique, but their primary objective is typically the same – a return to health, home and what’s important in life, as soon as possible. At Touchpoints Rehab we understand. Our innovative, personalized program is designed to accelerate the recovery process, so that patients can Get Well, Live Well and Be Well, faster, better and with fewer challenges than any traditional rehabilitation program.
Touchpoints Rehab is proud to partner with several acute care partners to provide high quality heart failure care. These partnerships include the Congestive Heart Failure Service of the Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center and the Heart Failure and Cardiology Teams at Hartford HealthCare. These partnerships offer integrated and coordinated inpatient and outpatient programs designed to optimize therapy, promote recovery, and provide ongoing quality of life for patients experiencing congestive heart failure.
Why we are ‘The Place to Trust’ with Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
Our Transitional Care nursing and respiratory team follows each patient every step of the way from acute care admission through skilled nursing care and to home.
- The transitional care respiratory therapist works closely with the multi-disciplinary team and stays in contact with the consulting pulmonologists.
- A cardiology APRN follows every CHF patient and consults extensively on care.
- We do what others can’t, plain and simple. This includes advanced therapies such as IV push and IV infusions of medications such as Dobutamine, Milrinone, Lasix and Bumex, Trilogy non-invasive ventilators, IV antibiotics, Life Vests, CardioMEMS and in-house sleep studies.
- The Touchpoints Rehab team includes a dedicated Care Transitions Nurse Liaison and Director of Education and Transitional Care who together provide additional, continuous clinical oversight and support of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Area acute care tertiary hospitals and the Touchpoints Rehab teams remain in continuous communication, working together to ensure a smooth transition. In addition, the hospital team remains informed on the progress of patients’ post-acute stays on a daily basis and continuing through discharge home.
- Once discharged, patients are reconnected with their primary care provider through their hospital’s Heart Failure Clinic.
Our heart failure program is customized to the patient’s needs and include:
- Dedicated cardiac-specialty Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) performs regular clinical rounds and supports the success of the program
- Oversight by Saint Francis Hospital and Hartford HealthCare clinicians including a consulting cardiologist on staff for patients of the Saint Francis Hospital CHF clinic
- Ongoing cardiac evaluations
- Cardiac education for you and your family
- Supportive Pulmonary program including a Care Transitions Respiratory Therapist on staff and consultation by board certified pulmonologists. Pulmonary capabilities include Trilogy non-invasive ventilators, CPAP, suctioning, incentive spirometry, in-house sleep studies and more.
- Heart healthy, low sodium menu and diets
- Frequent weight monitoring
- Weekly lab value monitoring
- Tailored physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Customized care planning
- Home support and discharge planning
- IV Lasix, Bumex and Milrinone therapies
Part of the St. Francis Hospital - Trinity Health of New England SOHO STAR Network and Hartford HealthCare Integrated Care Partners Networks
To serve our patients better and help them stay well, we are pleased to have been included in these two highly regarded and respected hospital networks, offering our patients a specialized post-acute heart failure program in a private, dedicated setting.
Congestive Heart Failure Rehabilitation
Touchpoints Signature Post-Acute Rehabilitation Program
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Consultation by Board Certified Pulmonologist and Respiratory Therapist
Secured Behavioral Health Unit - Wintonbury Wellness
Person-centered and goal-directed approaches towards behavioral and medical wellness
Post-surgical Orthopedic Care and "Prehab" Program
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Services
Skilled Nursing and Sub-Acute Specialty Programs
Dietary and Dining Services
Social Services, Supports and Discharge Planning
Therapeutic Recreation Programs